TitleWood Sign; C.A.M. Fisher & SonsDatec 1920s-1960sAbout this objectA painted wooden sign bearing the name C.A.M. Fisher & Sons, the noted boat-building family of La Perouse. Charles Alexander Meredith (C.A.M.) Fisher relocated his boatyard to La Perouse in 1922, where he and later his sons built working boats, hire boats, racing skiffs, and vessels used on the La Perouse–Kurnell ferry service. The Fisher yard became an important part of the La Perouse foreshore community, continuing for several decades as a centre of local maritime work and craftsmanship.Object No.99.166Physical descriptionPainted Sign C.A.M. Fisher & SonsInscriptions & marks"C.A.M. Fisher & Sons"Place madeAustraliaMaterialWoodSourceLa Perouse MuseumOrganisations (Detailed entries)La Perouse Museum (La Perouse, N.S.W.)ThemesSocial history