Blenheim House, completed in January 1848 by Simeon Henry Pearce on a 1.6 hectare block bought from George Hooper, the Market Gardener, when Randwick was still rolling hills and market gardens. Blenheim House is a ten room, square, sandstone and cedar two storey house with a large sandstone cellar. It was built facing west overlooking what is today Royal Randwick Racecourse.
Simeon Pearce became Randwick's first mayor after Randwick became incorporated as a municipality on 22nd February 1859. Pearce became known as the "Father of Randwick" and his energy, foresight, and influence helped mould the character of early Randwick. Pearce served six terms as mayor of the municipality and was the driving force behind the building of St Jude's Church in Randwick, but held the first Anglican service in the district at Blenheim before it's completion.
The Pearce's enjoyed entertaining at the house. They had many important guests including Governor Fitzroy and the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney. It was also the site of the last foxhunt in Sydney.
Blenheim House was purchased by Randwick Council in 1984. And, In 1989 a "Friends of Blenheim House" group was formed with the aim of seeing the building restored and put to some practical use.