Date Installed1888Date Removed1917-1971Description
When the park opened in 1888, 31 figurines and sculptures had been commissioned to be placed around the park, and more added over the following years. Over time, due to decay, age, damage or vandalism, the statues were removed and most lost. Four Terracotta vases placed at intervals along Grand Drive near Parkes Drive in 1889, and by 1917 they had to be removed for damage. By 1946, two more statues were removed due to extensive damage. One was of former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, which was "destroyed by accident". and the other "Charity" was a classical inspired statue on Grand Drive of a woman holding a small child in one arm with the other arm around another child leaning close to her skirt. In 1959, more statues were removed as their decay was too extensive to repair, particularly the sculptures of Abraham Lincoln, Garfield and the One More Shot statue. In 1971, a majority of the remaining statues in the park were removed into storage, most of which are now lost, one such being a marble sculpture of "Diana the Huntress" depicted with her sword and hound.